Welcome to the website for The Bay Area Mashtronauts (BAM). This is a homebrew club in Southeast Houston dedicated to the art and enjoyment of fermented beverages including but not limited to homebrewed beer, wine, cider, and mead. The club supports the American Homebrewers Association’s goal of brewing better quality beers and enjoying them in a responsible fashion. We always welcome in new members whether you are looking to get into the hobby, or you are an experienced brewer.
Please use navigation tabs at top of this page to learn more about us and how to join. If you are ready to become a Mashtronaut, just click here!
Lunar Rendezbrew 29
If you are looking for information on Lunar Rendezbrew 29, here are some quick links to the competition
- Bataille des Bieres – Bayou State Circuit
- John Black – BEST OF SHOW – MEAD
- Mashtronauts – 2nd Place Club
- Wesley Kulcak – Silver – Brown IPA
- Wesley Kulcak – Silver – Witbier
- Jonathan Reasoner – Bronze – Pyment
- John Black – Silver – Experimental Mead
- John Black – Bronze – Braggot
- Operation Fermentation – Lone Star Circuit
- Mashtronauts – Top Club with 39 total points
- Wesley Kulcak – 2nd Place BEST OF SHOW – BEER
- Randy Daily – Perfect Score of 50
- Randy Daily – Bronze – International Dark Lager
- Randy Daily – Silver – Czech Dark Lager
- Adolph Postel – Silver – Helles Bock
- Ryan Cooper – Silver – New Zealand Pilsner
- Randy Daily – Gold – Dunkles Bock (Perfect)
- Blake Villermin – Silver – Marzen
- Wesley Kulcak – Bronze – Marzen
- Josh Santelises & Ryan Cooper – Silver – Schwarzbier
- Josh Santelises – Bronze – NEIPA
- Jeremy Hatfield – Gold – Saison
- Joel Cervantes – Silver – Belgian Dubbel
- Hannah Richard-Molina – Bronze – Trappist Single
- Matt Jaggers – Bronze – Roggenbier
- Wesley Kulcak – Bronze – Winter Seasonal
- Wesley Kulcak – Gold – Italian Pilsner
- Randy Daily – Silver – Berry Mead
- Randy Daily – Silver – Spice/Herb/Veg Mead
- Jeremy Hatfield – Gold – Braggot
- John Black – Bronze – Braggot
- Wesley Kulcak – Silver – Historical Mead
YouTube: Please subscribe to the Mashtronauts YouTube channel. This will be the broadcast method for the Lunar Rendezbrew Awards Ceremony, as well as other fun Mashtronaut events, so you’ll probably want to subscribe anyway. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/BayAreaMashtronauts
LUNAR RENDEZBREW 29 ANNOUNCEMENT
General Membership Meeting Join us on the second Tuesday each month at 7:00 pm for our monthly membership meeting. The meeting will be live in person at Saloon Door Brewing in Webster, Tx. This will be a regular meeting with food provided.
Officer Meetings Regular officer meetings will take place on the third Thursday each month at 6:30 PM at Vallenson’s Brewing. Ask an officer if you need to confirm the location as it could change for various reasons. Executive session will take place first. Committee members and general members wishing to address the board will be welcome to join after executive session ends (usually around 7:15 pm).
The Mashtronauts compete regularly in the Lone Star Circuit. That is a series of homebrew competitions in the state of Texas (including our own Lunar Rendezbrew) where points are earned for placing in the competition. Those points go towards individual homebrewer of the year, team of the year, and club of the year. The Mashtronauts won club of the year in 2008, 2009, and again in 2015. Entering any competition on the Lone Star Circuit may help the Mashtronauts get back to the top again! Click here for more details and a list of qualifying competitions.
In addition to Lunar Rendezbrew 29 that is the competition we host each spring with it’s own menu item above for information. There are other competitions out there for you to get great feedback and represent the club in. Make sure that when you enter a competition that you select the Bay Area Mashtronauts as your homebrew club. We are a team and want to showcase our amazing brewers we have in the Mashtronauts. Competitions on the Lone Star Circuit also tally club points and publish club standings throughout the year.
Here are a few upcoming competitions to make note of:
HOME BREW, BEER, MASHTROhttps://images.app.goo.gl/a5VoLxwNnkJtnc2r7NAUTS, HOUSTON